Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community with knowledge beyond the universe!

5 posters

SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl

Poll

Best Smash Bros. Game?

[ 1 ]
    SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_lcap8%SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_lcap8%SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 10 ]
    SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_lcap77%SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_rcap [77%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_lcap7%SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 1854

SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl Empty SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl

Post by Evolution Master Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:59 am

Which of these games is your favourite in the series?

Mine's is Melee because I loved the gameplay, adventure mode, and characters much more than in Brawl and in the original Smash Bros.. Smile
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    Anime Addict
    Anime Addict

Tech Admin

Bleach
    Kirito Fan
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 2419

SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl Empty Re: SSB64 vs Melee vs Brawl

Post by ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Brawl all the way bro, melee is alright but i find brawl better Razz
    Hylia
    Hylia
    Pokemon Trainer
    Pokemon Trainer

Hylia
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 240

Post by Hylia Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm

I like all of them. Smash 64 was fun, and getting Ness was a pain in the butt. I loved selecting the characters on the menu; they did a little pose. Pikachu's and Link's were my mains in that game.

Melee was the best one out of all of them in my opinion. I suppose the only real thing about Melee I liked was you could switch to Japanese (and hear the awesome Jap voice acting), Pichu, Mewtwo and Roy were my mains. Tiny Melee was cute and I think I overspammed that. The points were all fun! I was able to get Peaceful Warrior (which is 8000 or 1000 points) and Hammer Throw. XD

Brawl was epic; they returned the unique entrances for the characters from the original Smash, was was great. But, I didn't like how they got rid of the clones in Brawl. ;_; I miss Roy. Golden Squeaky Hammers are pure win.
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 am

^You liked Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo? Wow, it's ironic considering that those guys were also my mains from Melee! Especially little Pichu (I miss him so Sad). Glad, I'm not the only one who used and liked him. Wink Also Tiny Melee was fun; however, I loved Giant Melee and Stamina mode a lot as well (I loved the overgrown characters on miniature stages and the "dying" aspect whenever a character lost his/her HP in Stamina).

Your reason of disliking Brawl is also the main reason I dislike it as Nintendo removed the clones and I was pretty upset by that decision (which consisted of my favourite characters). I was upset when some of the clones were gone; yet, we had odd entrances from those like ROB in Brawl. :0
    Hylia
    Hylia
    Pokemon Trainer
    Pokemon Trainer

Hylia
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 240

Post by Hylia Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 am

Evolution Master wrote:^You liked Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo? Wow, it's ironic considering that those guys were also my mains from Melee! Especially little Pichu (I miss him so Sad). Glad, I'm not the only one who used and liked him. Wink Also Tiny Melee was fun; however, I loved Giant Melee and Stamina mode a lot as well (I loved the overgrown characters on miniature stages and the "dying" aspect whenever a character lost his/her HP in Stamina).

Yes, I absolutely adored Pichu out of the three I abused. I always used the Blue one; all-purpose goggles and that scarf. Just adorable. I didn't have to rely on his electric attacks, and if I did, I would use Thunder. Run, Down+B, let the opponent get hit, but Pichu doesn't. :'D *so smart* I loved Mewtwo's Disable and his throws were powerful. I loved throwing people when using Mewtwo. <3 Roy's Double Edge Dance was stronger than Marth's Dancing Blade, his counter was stronger, and his voice was sexier. Sorry, this is coming from a female. XD

I miss Pichu, too. ): My belief is the Melee Pichu is the Brawl Pikachu; reasons being: Pikachu's blue costume is the blue goggles (which Pichu wore), both can wall-kick (Melee Pika couldn't), and Volt Tackle (Pikachu can only get that when bred with a Light Ball and as a Pichu). I know Pikachu was supposedly based off Ash's Pikachu, which I don't know HOW he learned Volt Tackle. Hax in anime. Lol. Giant Melee was also fun, and adventure mode never gets old to me.

Evolution Master wrote:
    Your reason of disliking Brawl is also the main reason I dislike it as Nintendo removed the clones and I was pretty upset by that decision (which consisted of my favourite characters). I was upset when some of the clones were gone; yet, we had odd entrances from those like ROB in Brawl. :0

Yes. Someone else agrees with me! The clones would have been better! And the fact Toon Link is basically a clone himself, like another Young Link. They could have given him the Deku Leaf as a recovery move, and the Megaton Hammer as the Special move B, and something else. That's what really got me. They got rid of the clones just to have another clone. :/ But, it's not Toon Link's fault, and since he's so cute, I forgive them. But they could have kept Roy at least. Lucario replace Mewtwo and Mewtwo and Pichu became trophies for collection. Ganondorf got his TP edition, but that made him not as epic as his Melee/OoT counterpart (who I consider 10 times sexier in regards to being a female) and Luigi became... duller. ROB... Robbed me of Roy! (I know, Ike replaced him)

If Roy's not in the next Smash, I'm suing! XD *not really*
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 am

Wow, I can't believe someone shares so much in common in terms of my Smash Bros. thoughts. I usually used regular Pichu; however, otherwise I would always use the blue goggles and scarf Pichu (he was much too adorable; yet awesome looking to pass!). And yes, I loved Mewtwo's throws and his unique fighting style. Shame, his weight issues was the problem (I believe he had some wrong stat distribution in Melee?).

Roy was awesome too and he was pretty much the only regular sword user I used until I played as Toon Link in Brawl. I adored his powerful moves and I personally thought he was cooler than Marth (no offense Gangnam Style!). Also I too believe the Pichu/Pikachu theory in Brawl. It's too much of a coincidence (though I wish the Goggles Pikachu got the scarf too :/). Also never question anime logic. XD Adventure Mode from Melee was always fun too, and I personally like it over Brawl's one because it felt more true to Nintendo's history than Brawl's.

Again, another agreement as well! Smile Clones were fun to use (despite their hate in the fan bases). I knew who Toon Link was before he was in Brawl (as I owned and played WindWaker before it came out), and I was upset that he didn't have the Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, etc. for his moveset. I still am upset about his cloned moveset; however, it's hard to stay mad at him (too bad he wasn't given lon lon milk too like Young Link from Melee). XD A lot of characters became dulled down in Brawl and more serious like, though I still wish that the removed characters from Melee were still in.

Wasn't Roy and Mewtwo in the beta version of Brawl? Also Plusle and Minun from what I heard (like Pichu). Too bad, it didn't come true...
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    Anime Addict
    Anime Addict

Tech Admin

Bleach
    Kirito Fan
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:45 pm

OMG GUYS why do u have to write an essay? LOL!
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:47 pm

^Because we were discussing an interesting topic lol. Come on GS, join the fun and stop worrying about the length!

Besides, I bet you didn't read anything from the "essays" lol. Razz
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    Anime Addict
    Anime Addict

Tech Admin

Bleach
    Kirito Fan
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:57 pm

i skimmed lol!
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm

^Why how typical of you. Razz

Why don't you contribute to the lost characters from Melee discussion?
    L Lawliet
    L Lawliet
    Golden Sun Honor
    Golden Sun Honor

GCoins : 157

Post by L Lawliet Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:01 pm

I never played Melee so I dont know how good/bad it is so...I'll give to to Brawl
    TheChuckNorrisExpert
    TheChuckNorrisExpert
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

WeLikeIke
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 529

Post by TheChuckNorrisExpert Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I have to go with Brawl, because there are more characters, there is online play, and the graphics are awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:21 am