Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community with knowledge beyond the universe!

+4
ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
Evolution Master
TheChuckNorrisExpert
Hylia
8 posters

Favorite Melee Character(s)?

Hylia
    Hylia
    Pokemon Trainer
    Pokemon Trainer

Hylia
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 240

Favorite Melee Character(s)? Empty Favorite Melee Character(s)?

Post by Hylia Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Since there's a Favorite Brawl Characters thread, how about a favorite Melee characters thread?

Mine are: Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Ganondorf.

I pretty much own with Pichu. Too bad Melee wasn't an online game. XD
    Melee > Brawl

Anyone else want to share? :3
    TheChuckNorrisExpert
    TheChuckNorrisExpert
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

WeLikeIke
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 529

Favorite Melee Character(s)? Empty Re: Favorite Melee Character(s)?

Post by TheChuckNorrisExpert Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Mine are Mewtwo, and Marth.
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 1854

Post by Evolution Master Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 am

Pichu was and still is my main character for Melee. Other favourites I have include Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr.Mario occasionally.

I also agree that Melee > Brawl. Smile
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    Anime Addict
    Anime Addict

Tech Admin

Bleach
    Kirito Fan
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 2419

Post by ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Link, roy, marth. I just love people who use swords!!!
    Hylia
    Hylia
    Pokemon Trainer
    Pokemon Trainer

Hylia
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Hylia Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 am

Yes. Chuck Norris approves.

The only thing I didn't like about Pichu was that he zaps himself when using electric attacks. Also, it's like the game wants you to play on handicap just to enjoy playing Pichu. Pfft. I've cleared Hard modes with him in Adventure, Classic and All-Star. And with only three lives. I have yet to try a one-life run on Hard. I might do that someday.

I also pwn everything with Roy's double edge dance. Did you guys know you can use the A button instead of the B button when performing both Marth and Roy's dances? You have to hit "Left/Right+B" then "Left/Right + A" the rest of the combination through. I personally like going Left/RightB, UpA, ForwardA, DownB in the combo, especially with Roy. Does a lot more damage in my opinion.

As I've said before, I love throwing people as Mewtwo and his Disable is fun. I use it when they're about to come on stage to catch the ledge. XD *so mean*

Ganondorf's Warlock Punch is fun. I never use his kick though because I can never handle it correctly. Still couldn't in Brawl, but that's okay. Ganon-baby is forgiven for his coolness. I also abuse his DownA then Warlock Punch them for a decent finishing KO. Also, I like his sword in Melee than that glowing one from TP/Brawl.

Dr. Mario pills = stronger than Mario's fireballs. Am I the only one who still finds that weird? Also, I love Dr. Mario's Black. Not only that, his cape is longer. They should have had Dr. Mario's costume as an alternate one for Mario in Brawl. :/ And Mewtwo should have been a boss in SSE rather than Rayquaza. Ah well, can't change what's already made.

I don't need to explain Young Link. He's faster than Link and cuter. Also, the voice actress who plays his voice also does Taki's in Soul Calibur games. So, that's even more win.
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 am

^Yeah, Pichu's self-destruct was pretty much his biggest downfall in the game. Sadly, he had a ton of other weaknesses (like his lightweight); however, his ability to hurt himself with electric moves really costed him (a lot of people hated him for that from what I've seen). Still, Pichu is a pretty mighty character and can be dangerous in the right hands. I've done the same with Pichu, Hylia, in terms of the single player modes, and indeed it's fun. I also love the reaction of beating friends with Pichu (no other character can achieve this).

Mewtwo was one odd character, I'm not going to lie. However, that made him so much more fun to play as. Smile His strange moves and movement really did make him unique (it's too bad he was removed in Brawl...let's hope he comes back in the next Smash Bros., but stronger.). His throws were something too!

Dr. Mario should have gotten a cameo in Brawl as a Mario alt. I'm not the greatest fan of him (as he was pretty much Mario), but he was fun needless to say in Melee. It was cool to have a doctor in the game too as well. I also never understood the pill power (still they are drugs XD).
    Favorite Melee Character(s)? Dr_mario-13184
    It's kind of sad to see these five characters go from Brawl (unless Young Link = Toon Link minus the awesome milk taunt). It would be nice to see them return. Razz

Gangnam Style wrote:Link, roy, marth. I just love people who use swords!!!

You forgot Young Link and Kirby hahaha. Razz
    Hylia
    Hylia
    Pokemon Trainer
    Pokemon Trainer

Hylia
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Hylia Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 am

Yes. Pichu users UNITE! I can cream my friends using only Pichu. I even won a video game tournament (hosted at my high school years ago) with just Pichu. It was a close call, because I was, literally, at 178% damage and my friend, who was my last opponent, he was playing as Ganondorf. Oh man. It was chaos and I stunned so many others because they all chose like Mario and Marth and Falcon. Lol I owned them.

There were a few of my friends that knew I was dangerous with Pichu and when they had to go up against me, they dropped out. XD I was well known in my school (well, mostly in the Video Game club) and nobody could beat me in Melee. Many have tried, and have failed. I mastered dodging and throwing, and kept Pichu's electric attacks to minimum.

...I could go on and on about that but I'll stop.

LOL at the Dr. Mario sign. XD He really isn't licensed.

Mewtwo butter *intentionally replaced for "better"* come back in the next game or else I'm suing Hal Laboratory. xD Not really but I'll make complaints! Chances of that happening are slim. They may replace Lucario with Zoroark, which I don't mind at all. Smile Have you noticed Pokemon that appeared in the regional movies have appeared in Smash?

Pikachu, the mascot of Pokemon obviously. Jigglypuff, back in the days of the Kanto era with that wild Jigglypuff stalking Ash's group with that pen, was popular, so that's why she was in Smash. Then, Pichu was added, due to the Pichu Bros. short in Pokemon 3rd movie. Mewtwo was added because of the Pokemon: The First Movie. In Brawl, Pokemon Trainer was added because of FireRed/LeafGreen (and they would soon make HGSS years after, another reason why) Lucario was added to the roster because of popularity and probably the fact he was in the Mystery of Mew movie. Not only that, it was one of the first few Sinnoh Pokemon introduced.

(I love his voice actor) Anyway, this is speculation, but it runs in a pattern that I ultimately sense. I think Zoroark will be included for the same reasons as Lucario. Anyway, enough of that because that's a bit off-topic. XD Sorry.

And as I've said before as well, Toon Link is just another Young Link; they were trying to get rid of clones but ended up making a clone. Such irony of it all!

Nooo How could he [Gan] forget Kirby!? D:
    Hotspot
    Hotspot
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

GCoins : 31

Post by Hotspot Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

My favorite Melee characters are Peach, Link, young Link, Roy, Marth, Zelda, Samus, Fox and Falco.
    Dalek
    Dalek
    Princess of Hyrule
    Princess of Hyrule

GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 248
    Location : In the coffee machine. It's hot in here, by the way.

Post by Dalek Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am

Well, I haven't played Melee in a LONG time. But, due to this, I don't remember a lot of the characters, so Mewtwo would be the one I liked the most.
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 am

Mewtwo was a neat character. I loved using him and even though he was ironically labelled as one of the weaker characters in the game (due to his physics and bad attack layout) - I found him to be amusing and very fun to use. Wow, certainly unique too - it's disappointing that he was axed in Brawl though.

Fox was unstoppable in this game. XD He was just way too overpowered in Melee. Razz Awesome to use too as well at times (loved his Melee design XD).

Still...I always stuck by Pichu's side. Razz Fighting Foxes with Pichu is fun. Razz
    Mr.Snap
    Mr.Snap
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

Senators
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 315

Post by Mr.Snap Sun May 05, 2013 8:30 am

Fox and mewtwo
    SuperPikachu
    SuperPikachu
    Goomba
    Goomba

GCoins : 9

Post by SuperPikachu Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 am

Umm mewtwo,pichu do I have to say its pretty obvious but Pikachu!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 am