Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community with knowledge beyond the universe!

2 posters

Super Mario 64

Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 1854

Super Mario 64 Empty Super Mario 64

Post by Evolution Master Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Has anyone played this game? Seems like one of the more popular Mario titles and it was released for the Nintendo 64 console on the year 1996. This was also Mario's first 3D adventure game!

I've only played the DS remake for this game to my current knowledge; however, I believe I did play the original at my cousin's house when I was a kid. Wish I did own a N64 - seems like a great game!

Super Mario 64 250px-Super_Mario_64_box_cover
    Will
    Will
    Princess of Hyrule
    Princess of Hyrule

GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 855

Super Mario 64 Empty Re: Super Mario 64

Post by Will Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:18 pm

This post is like Will bait.

Of course every one has played it before! And it is pretty popular because it is the first 3d mario game and the horrible thing that created the "collect-a-thon" platformer which was the only type of platformer in it's era, even though the hype went down, there are still "collect-a-thon" games today. It was also one of 2 games released for the N64 on launch day. The other being Pilotwings 64. So people where pretty much forced to buy it.

I actually don't care for the DS remake and decided not to play it. For no other reason then the character set up. Having to choose a certain character with a special ability annoys me with this game. The original was totally the way to go!

And you should of had an N64, especially is you like Mario 64, because like I said, every platformer on the system is a collect-a-thon game...that also has the 64 at the end...Not only did everyone steal the collecting part, but every other platformer also ended in 64 and had a hub/over world.

Gex 64, Glover 64, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie (64), Banjo Tooie (64)....All these games are the same!!!

I'm telling you man...Will bait...

If you ever want to get me in a tangent mention N64, Banjo Kazooie, PS2, or Galaga....Works everytime...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am