Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community with knowledge beyond the universe!

4 posters

Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft.

Will
    Will
    Princess of Hyrule
    Princess of Hyrule

GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 855

Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft. Empty Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft.

Post by Will Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Well in terms of gaming that is. I can almost gurentee Xbox720 won't sell nearly as good as WiiU or Ps4, or previous consoles.

Watch this video:

Okay, I know the main fan base of this fourm is nintendo, and belive I don't like microsoft at all. But it seems like thats what all my friends have, so I was planning on getting one when it came out...until I saw that video.

No used games?! This is the dumbest thing I ever heard as far as gaming goes.(I love you wii mini!!) So apperently you need an activation code for each game. So used games won't play, so you can't sell your used games, which means you have to always buy new. This is horrible for many reasons. Not every can buy games used, there expensive, once your bored of the game you can sell it, you can't play the game at a friends house.

Gay

And internet connection is required to play it??? You can't play it at all without internet connection?? Thats the 2n dumbest thing I ever heard as far as gaming goes. (I love you Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts!) Not everyone has internet!! I can see how if the developers where high they could think no used games would be good (higher profit.) But this is just dumb. Of corse most people have internet, but still, not everyone.

Gosh, I can't even try to like X box... Sad
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 1854

Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft. Empty Re: Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft.

Post by Evolution Master Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Wow...Microsoft is going to screw up the Xbox big time if they release such additions. New games only? So used games just made worthless after using an activation code and playing through it a few times? That's a big mistake. Used games are huge profits to many gaming stores around, and not all of us will keep our old games to collect dust if we can't sell them. If one's Xbox720 stopped working, then there goes all their games as well.

Also that forced internet connection requirement is a dumb move. Indeed, not everyone has internet or even strong internet connections to handle such gaming devices.

I own the original Xbox, but I really haven't moved on to the 360 and on wards to be honest. However, if this is truly Microsoft's decision, then they're definitely setting themselves up for trouble. It's still a rumor, but if it is true things will surely become interesting to see.
    Shining Star
    Shining Star
    Hero of Hyrule
    Hero of Hyrule

Tails Fan
    Kagami Hiiragi
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 227

Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft. Empty Re: Xbox720 can't play used games? Bye Bye microsoft.

Post by Shining Star Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:53 pm

This is unacceptable. I mostly buy used games for the Xbox 360, but FORCING us to buy new ones? They're just wasting our money.
    Will
    Will
    Princess of Hyrule
    Princess of Hyrule

GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 855

Post by Will Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah ikr. I pretty much always get used games.

And good point EM, if your xbox stops working your games are gone. This would be horrible.

As much as I hate microsoft and would love to see the X-Box leave the market, I don't really want them to go like that. But hey if it isn't a rumor and microsoft doesnt make another xbox afterwards then there will be 1 good side to the situation. Rareware goes back to nintendo and we see some more kick ass Banjo & Kazooie games!!

Seriously thats what this world of gaming needs. Banjo & Kazooie. And Mumbo. And Jinjo.
    Dalek
    Dalek
    Princess of Hyrule
    Princess of Hyrule

GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 248
    Location : In the coffee machine. It's hot in here, by the way.

Post by Dalek Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 pm

I have a 360, and I like it. I prefer handhelds, older systems, and anything else really, but I still like it. Why? Because I can go to my local game store and get all 3 Mass Effects for 20 bucks. USED. If the 720 does away with used ones, well, I think the 360 will stay nice and cozy were it is. I'm already angry at Microsoft for taking away the Hard Drive and a controller from 360 packages that came with the satan-spawn demon known as the Kinect. Come on guys, don't kill the used game market.

-We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 am