Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community with knowledge beyond the universe!

+2
Shining Star
Evolution Master
6 posters

GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers)

Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 1854

GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers) Empty GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers)

Post by Evolution Master Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 am

Hello dear GU members! We're please to announce the opening of the GamerzUniverse Battle Tournament game within the forum! It's been anticipated for quite a while now, and since our community has grown so much quite recently, we decided to finally host the battle tournament for all of you to enjoy in!

Please take the time to read the rules of the system and as well as a common questions and answers tutorial for the game. Smile

Rules:
    The GamerzUniverse Battle Tournament hosts basic battles that work in a turn based format. They are text based battles that users can utilize to challenge fellow members. Perhaps it can be done for fun battles or something done for bets or "dares". This game works quite similarly to other battle systems in various other forums. Within each battle face-off, there will be two users facing off against each other and within these matches, users will post the results of each battle via the use of random number generators.

Now what will be the most exclusive tools to use in this battle system? These are:

Random number generators will generate the amount of damage delivered to each user in various turns. Each user is given a set health bar that will indicate how much health the player has throughout the game. As the turns go on, players use the random number generator to attain the a number that will represent the amount of damage they may do the other player's health bar. Also note that we will provide a list of minimum and maximum values to place in your random number generators through the levels each of you are placed in. Wink

Here's an example battle:

Spoiler:

I know it's a bit corny with the messages and format; however, we will get the proper format up in our first example battle soon enough in the actual section. Wink Also I assure you that you can make better messages than I did. XD Also yes, you can have fun with what messages you say between turns (eg if you get a high number, use a massive tool of mass destruction or if low, just throw something small and etc). XD This just adds up to the liveliness of the game! XD

Oh yes, items too come into play within the game. The way you would use items is based off their powers. For example, an item such as a "Basic Sword" (may or may not be an official item as of now) would allow you to double the amount of the number you generate from the random number generator. However, there is a catch with this item. You must use another smaller number generator (min - 1 max 4), and you must generate a digit from 2-4 in order to have your sword to work. If your generator generates "1", your sword will miss and your damage will only consist of the original number you received from the first random number generator.

I will make a compiled list of how to use various items via the Weapons store! Be sure to check them out before purchasing items. XD

Anyways, this is what I have now guys. Before we launch the battle system, I want to know if I'm missing any details. Perhaps you might have some questoins about it? Please tell me and I'll try my best to address them. Smile

Questions and Answers:

Q1: Is this game that complex in its first version? Suspect

A1: No, it's going to be a basic game that mainly relies on one or two random generators at most in its first version and will implement some unique twists to it (eg items from the store). The game will add more options and complexity as it progresses.

...however, the main point of this version of forum battles is to keep it simple; yet, fun. That's my goal.

Q2: Items? king

A2: Items are up for purchase within the GU Weapon Store. Those participating can purchase items for increase in attack damage, defensive ability increments, or perhaps a special effect! These items are sold via GCoins (forum currency obtained through posting).

Items are also given on special occasions as well for free. So keep a sharp eye out for those!

Items are set into battle once a match up has been set between two users. The recorded/purchased items of each of the two users will be placed in a post by either one of the following: the admins, mods, or patrollers.

Q3: Who are able participate in the battles? scratch

A3: Basically anyone. This game isn't limited to only the staff members, and is available to all members of the community. However, how will we know which members will actually attempt to participate?

Well, there will be a small admission price to enter into the battle tournament for all members. The GU Battle Tournament Admission Ticket will be available in the Prizes thread, and will be up for purchase for a small amount of GCoins. Members will need to purchase this ticket in order to participate.

All staff members are void from the purchase of the ticket as they are given free admission to the tournament.

Q4: How are battles/match ups made? bounce

A5: The match ups between two users are made based on the decision of the users. Each member participating in the tournament has the right to face off against another user who is listed to being a participant in the tournament. However, if you only just entered the tournament and are of Level 1, you must face another user of the same level (once you level up, you can face off any other user). Users can request for specific battles via several ways including the following: direct chatbox conversation, request on the GU Battle Tournament Match Up thread (coming soon), or even pm the other user they would want to face off against.

However, the user that the the individual would want to face off against must accept the challenge as well. The opposing user has the right to deny or accept challenges, so don't make a thread if your opponent hasn't accepted it. Also the threads for the battles will be made by either an Admin or Moderator, so please alert one of them in order to get your battle made (via chatbox, battle request thread, or pm).

Q5: Alright, but what do I get if I win a battle? Neutral

A5: If you win a battle, you win a small sum of prize money (aka GCoins). Additionally, you may earn prizes such as a free exclusive item for your win. Perhaps even exclusive badges and ranks? Additionally, winning a certain amount of matches will allow you to move up a level on the level scale of the GU Battle Tournament. Here, you can get more options and are able to battle users of higher levels additionally. Prizes are greater in the higher leveled battles as well.

Q6: Hold on, what's this whole level up system you keep mentioning? confused

A6: In this battle torunament, levels are give to users based off their victory streaks. Winning a certain amount of battles will allow you to level up. Leveling up gives you more options and access to stronger weapons. HP increments may also be implemented. Additionally, hidden abilities may also be provided to the users of higher levels.

When you first enter the tournament, you will start off at Level 1 and can only face off against users of your same level. Once beating a few users, you will level up and after leveling up, you have the choice to challenge just about anyone else. Try challenging opponents of higher or equal levels (after level 1), and you may earn greater prizes.

Q7: What if a battle takes too long? Embarassed

This is to be expected sometimes if one user is inactive for some time of if a battle itself strays too long. Usually, the maximum duration of a single battle is set for one week since the battle was first arranged. If a battle takes longer than a week, either an admin or moderator will decide upon the winner (based off hp remaining or other elements).

Q8: What if someone doesn't follow the rules or cheats within the battle? No

A8: It's simple, consequences will occur. If a user doesn't follow the rules or cheats his or herself to victory, a mod or admin will temporarily close down the battle and analyze the situation. The game is meant to be played fairly, and if any situations occur, the user causing the trouble will be given a warning and may be "banned" from the battle tournament for a few days.

However, don't use the reporting to admins/mods option as an advantage either. Complaining that another user is winning or not showing good sportsmanship will also cause trouble for you. Please be respectful while participating in the battle system, and play fairly.

Q9: Do I have to participate in the GU Battle Tournament? pale

A9: Of course not! It is totally up to you as to whether or not you want to participate in the game! It's just an optional "forum game" that users can participate if they want to. Additionally, only the users participating will be listed in the GU Battle Tournament threads as participants that users can challenge for battles.

If you are a staff member, it is your choice as to whether you want to help out in organizing, participate, or both organize and participate in these games. This game is again, entirely optional to everyone.

Q10: Who can post in the battle threads? Shocked

A10: The two users facing off against each other will be the ones mainly posting in their specific battle threads. Admins/mods may also post to place the items, goods, and rules that are needed for the battles at times too! However, other users not participating can comment on the battle after the battle has ended. Threads will be locked a day after the battle has been completed.

Item usage explanation and information will be explained in another thread (coming soon)!
    Shining Star
    Shining Star
    Hero of Hyrule
    Hero of Hyrule

Tails Fan
    Kagami Hiiragi
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 227

GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers) Empty Re: GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers)

Post by Shining Star Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:10 am

What happens if you lose a battle? Do you decrease a level or something else, or does nothing happen and you keep going?
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers) Empty Re: GU Battle Tournament (Rules and Common Questions & Answers)

Post by Evolution Master Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:58 am

^To address to that, here's my response:

No, if you lose, you will not lose anything at all. You keep your current level as well if you lose. The only outcome may be that you can't battle for a day until another match has been set for you, but otherwise there's nothing to lose. Smile

Also yes, you can keep going. Think of it like an activity in which you can come back at anytime and participate despite not succeeding the first time.
    Shining Star
    Shining Star
    Hero of Hyrule
    Hero of Hyrule

Tails Fan
    Kagami Hiiragi
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 227

Post by Shining Star Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks for clarifying.

Time to destroy the admins and rule the forum! Fufufufufufu.....
    Pokemon73lp
    Pokemon73lp
    Nintendo Fan
    Nintendo Fan

GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 2624

Post by Pokemon73lp Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 am

Are staff members going to be higher then all the others? ( level wise I mean )
    Will we get a pm if we are participating in this?
    newsupermariobros
    newsupermariobros
    Sonic & Tails
    Sonic & Tails

Official GU Dj
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 731

Post by newsupermariobros Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Nice.This is going to be awesome!
    Pokemon73lp
    Pokemon73lp
    Nintendo Fan
    Nintendo Fan

GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 2624

Post by Pokemon73lp Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

oh yea when we buy a weapon is it one-time use or unlimited use?
    XKoreanLP
    XKoreanLP
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

Charizard Fan
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 560

Post by XKoreanLP Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

I have a suggestion. Please determine the player who goes first fairly. I personally am against posting first to strike first. It's unfair, because we all live in different timezones. One person would be sleeping, while the other person would already have a headstart. For example, my battle with Pokemon73. Since Pokemon73 is at a higher level than I am and has 50 more HP, it would be logical that I make the first move. But since I was sleeping when the thread was made, he got the first strike on me. I wouldn't really complain if he was decided as the person who strikes first if you determined it using a randomizer. Another example is the fact that EM always lets his opponents go first. I really feel bad for him, because he has lost all of his battles due to letting his opponents go first.

I think a randomizer should be used to determine who goes first. 1 = minimum. 2 = maximum. If the randomizer lands on 1, then the challenger goes first. If it lands on 2, then vice versa. What do you think?
    P0k3H4ck5
    P0k3H4ck5
    Super Mario
    Super Mario

I Will Rule The World. Power Hungry. :
    Legendary TrainerInsanely Awesome
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 167

Post by P0k3H4ck5 Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:04 pm

I think this idea is REALLY good.
    Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Evolution Master Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am

I agree with your idea X, and excellent suggestion. I will implement this rule by today and future battles will run with the new rule.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm