Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to GamerzUniverse, a Nintendo fan forum! We moved as of recently to the following site: www.gamerzuniverse2.canadian-forum.com so please check us out to see our content!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A community with knowledge beyond the universe!

+5
P0k3H4ck5
Shining Star
Evolution Master
Dolphin
Togekissing Snivy
9 posters

PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!]

Togekissing Snivy
    Togekissing Snivy
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

Toadette Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    Gsystem : No warnings
    GCoins : 742

PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!] Empty PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!]

Post by Togekissing Snivy Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!] GFI246-spam
    Welcome to PokeZone's how to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines Thread!

Hello Ladies and Gentleman! This is your buddy/friendly admin call Pokey/PZ/PokeZone or whatever you want to call me. Lol. This is a topic reminder for all users and thanks for reading this thread.

This topic is mainly about more clarification or information about the Spam rule.

PLEASE NOTE.
    The General Spam Section does NOT apply to this rule. However, please don't make an habit to post excessively or spam in that section. We are just having a fun time to spam each other.

For the other sections? No.

In general. I've seen SO MANY TYPES OF SPAM in every forum that I went to. Sadly, most of the members intended to break the rule so often because one thing that the person is confused is, "How did I SPAM for?" Well, That's why I created this thread so everyone else will not have the same problem once and for all. Everyone, please take your time to read my guidelines about spamming. Thanks alot.

If anyone don't know what SPAM means......
    Stupid
    Pointless
    Annoying
    ---------------

Now. Let me show you the reasons why did this person SPAM?
    Well, here are my list of reasons which I considered, SPAMMING.

---------------

Reason #1. EXCESSIVE Word, Numbers, punctuation marks, Similes/Emoticons, CAPS LOCK, etc.

I'll say in this very important NOTE with ALL Caps. THIS IS THE MOST COMMON REASON WHY IS THE MEMBER SPAMMING. Don't be a fool because I already seen this millions of times.
    Like these good example quotes are consider Spamming.

Excessive Emoticon Spam Example wrote:Smile SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
    Excessive Word, CAPS LOCK, and Number Spam Example wrote: HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY
    111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 asdsdajdjksafdlkjsdffjsalsjfhjfsjfjalkjfsdfasjfljkasfslkjsdfjsdlkjfsjksfdsfhlsadfsdfksfdfsdfsjdaldjfsafdsfsdsfdsfdsfdfsdfsdadfsdfafsfassdffsdsdsdffsdfsfsfdsfdsfdsdfsfdfsdfsdd
    You know the Punctuation Spam, don't you? C'mon. This reason is just complete stupid and annoying. Cut down the spam from this reason. Please.

---------------

Reason #2. Double/Triple Posting at Once.
    Please Note: Fan-Fiction and Roleplays does NOT INCLUDE THIS. Also asking any staff member permission to double post a thread is still okay.

Some members purposely double/triple post at once in a thread. Unless if you have good reason why you want to double post then were okay that. Otherwise, we'll delete that second post or 2 of your post. Besides there is an EDIT Button in top right corner of your post. Please take advantage to use it, INSTEAD of reply it again. It is not fair to others, and especially for you.

---------------

Reason #3. Off-topic

Off-topic is when a member reply that is COMPLETELY DOES NOT RELATED to the topic is asking. It's simple really. Stay on-topic! Don't post any random stuff or any irrelevant post which not related to topic title or the question. Otherwise it's Off-topic and it consider as a Spam.

---------------

Reason #4. Duplicated Threads

Duplicated Threads is when a member created a thread recently (like few days ago) and there is already another thread (original/old thread) that is quite similar to the thread title. I understand why but seriously. If I see a new/recent thread that is SIMILAR to the original/old thread. I'm gonna lock it and post the original thread link because there is no point to answer the thread's question over and over. Also, there isn't a Bumping rule just yet. So you can actually bump any old threads! Please take the advantage to bump any thread if you want to reply something! We don't mind!

More SPAM reasons? Updates?
    Coming Soon.

That's all I have to write about.
    (Any staff may re-edit this post for better clarification or better grammar. x.x)
    If you have any questions, thoughts or suggestions regarding to this rule and guidelines?
    Go right ahead to reply right here!

Last edited by Togekissing Snivy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 13 times in total
    Dolphin
    Dolphin
    Yoshi
    Yoshi

GCoins : 12

PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!] Empty Re: PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!]

Post by Dolphin Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Very nice post. Some people forget that the last reason is spam. It can be quite annoying to see the same thread multiple times, so thanks for putting that up there.

Evolution Master
    Evolution Master
    Toadally Admin
    Toadally Admin

Toad rank
    Toad Badge
    Conan Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 1854

PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!] Empty Re: PZ's Guide - How to avoid SPAMMING Guidelines [More information about the SPAM rule, right here!]

Post by Evolution Master Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:11 pm

*Bump*

Also thank you PokeZone for the (non) Spam guide. Late reply indeed (I've been meaning to post here for quite a while now); however, your guide is definitely a big help and you pretty much zoned in on the most common forms of spamming. Thanks again, and hopefully the members will follow your guideline rules. Wink
    Togekissing Snivy
    Togekissing Snivy
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

Toadette Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Togekissing Snivy Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 pm

[Late] You're welcome folks!~ I'm more happy to create beautiful thread to all new members of the forum to take an advantage to read!

Oh yeah, if you have any suggestions that you feel that it should be in this Spam list.
    Go right ahead and reply right here! I got hears to anyone that have a suggestion!~
    Shining Star
    Shining Star
    Hero of Hyrule
    Hero of Hyrule

Tails Fan
    Kagami Hiiragi
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 227

Post by Shining Star Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:40 am

0/10 Worst guide I've ever read

Now eat your spam you just posted.
    P0k3H4ck5
    P0k3H4ck5
    Super Mario
    Super Mario

I Will Rule The World. Power Hungry. :
    Legendary TrainerInsanely Awesome
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 167

Post by P0k3H4ck5 Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm

LolSS. I'll give it 6/10. English.....Well good guide. And I don't look forward to reading more, though.
    Togekissing Snivy
    Togekissing Snivy
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

Toadette Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Togekissing Snivy Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Shining Star wrote:0/10 Worst guide I've ever read

Now eat your spam you just posted.

lolgohomeyoumeanie.myspamthreadis3xpopluarthanyou

and my english is still terrible, Bond.

But thanks for the honest opinions!~
    Mudkip
    Mudkip
    Member of Quadruple Administrators
    Member of Quadruple Administrators

Legendary Trainer
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 757

Post by Mudkip Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

This is helpful to the members that are new, thank you for this guide. Also, what about if someone spammed intentionally like on purpose?
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ
    Anime Addict
    Anime Addict

Tech Admin

Bleach
    Kirito Fan
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 2419

Post by ÄṉïṃεFɾεαќ Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Ty molester for this guide Smile very helpful! I give it 8/10
    Ospreyeagle
    Ospreyeagle
    Looker is the best
    Looker is the best

Looker
    Falcon Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 1802

Post by Ospreyeagle Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Although I don't spam on purpose (only in the designated forum), this is a nice guide. 10/10
    Togekissing Snivy
    Togekissing Snivy
    GU Patroller
    GU Patroller

Toadette Badge
    GU 1st Year Veteran

Post by Togekissing Snivy Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks you so much for the honest thoughts, everyone!~

I'll try to improve my grammar any time soon. ;D
    newsupermariobros
    newsupermariobros
    Sonic & Tails
    Sonic & Tails

Official GU Dj
    GU 1st Year Veteran
    GCoins : 731

Post by newsupermariobros Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Very good guideline.Also,poke should really read this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am